Thursday, January 21, 2010

Does predeployment stress cause couples to withdraw from each other?

My husband is a career Army man, almost 20 years in now. We have been married for a little over 3 years and are facing our second deployment. The first was 18 mos, this one is 12+ mos.





I seem to be noticing that he is withdrawing from myself and our son (2 years old) the same he did during the first deployment. I know deployment is hard, especially for him. I also know there is a reasonable amount of withdrawing to be expected as he prepares himself emotionally for this mission. However, I have found myself constantly feeling like he's upset with me about something but not saying anything. It seems some issues of time and intimacy are magnified out of proportion as well.





I'm at a lose as to how much of this is normal and how I can handle it in the most considerate and compassionate way, as I am starting to feel sorry for myself! That's not me. If there are any military families out there that have gone through this, or even non military with a fresh perspective, please advisDoes predeployment stress cause couples to withdraw from each other?
YES IT DOES we have to TOUGHIN up before we go so we usually withdrawl I do it to from my friends and family Its normal
  • applying makeup
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment