Saturday, January 23, 2010

To all the married couples or engaged, or about to be engaged...?

how do you know the person you are with...is the ONE?To all the married couples or engaged, or about to be engaged...?
Hard to explain, but simply - you just know.To all the married couples or engaged, or about to be engaged...?
When you're first falling in love with each other, there's this sense that they're perfect for you and complete you. You're excited to be with them and then depressed to be away from them.





I think the real test of a relationship comes after that point though. The people I've known who got divorced went through that stuff at the beginning of the relationship, but then after a year or two of being together they were no longer really happy with being in the relationship.





When it's the one, you just have this strong friendship that remains between you even after you've been together a while. It's just your best friend, the person you're closest to who you can be yourself around. You know you can count on them to always be there and take care of you, and you want to be there to take care of them.
Love is a choice. There is no such thing as the ';one';. You click with some people, and are willing to make a life time devotion to others. If you are lucky enough to find someone you love, and get along with well enough, and both chose to make it work, then you are set. I have been with a wonderful man since I was 14, and we are getting married in a year from now. We compromise, have great communication, and have such deep desires for one another, we will last until we die. If you chose to love someone, and make an everlasting commitment, then it will last.
This is how you know..


*Your fiance(e) is your best friend


*You can be yourself around him/her (naked, without make-up, smelly, ugly, etc.)


*They have been there for you no matter what


*When there is a problem they are willing to help you and work WITH YOU


*He/she always has you in their heart (calls you, texts, emails)


*he/she is the first person you think about when you wake up


*you wanna spend EVERY SECOND together


*If you were to lose your job he/she would be suppportive and understanding


*you never disrespect each other (physically, emotionally, cheating, EVER)


*When you think of your future, you only see your self with that person


*thinking about your love makes you cry


*you would give anything to be with him/her








I can seriously go on forever!!!!
do they respect you? are they your BEST friend? Does the other person listen to you and share resposibilities with you. Can you REALLY say they will support you emotionally thru the absolute worst that could happen?


Or do you do your thing with your friends and they do their thing with their friends. does the other person go out till all hours, forget birthdays, not want to do family get togethers, do you not share the same views about money, household chores, child raising?
I met him in high school. Had to sit beside him and his buddies in class. He was pissing me off and I thought ';UGH! I can't believe I'm going to marry this guy!'; And of course, being 14 and all it was the weirdest thing I had ever thought, especially considering I never expected I would ever date anyone let alone marry somebody. 8 years later and we're engaged, go figure.


He told me, years later, that he thought something similar about marrying me, when we met. Weird huh?





How do I know now that he is still the one?


We have the same (or similar) goals in life, we want the same things and to live in the same place. We're both educationally and artistically driven people, interested in arts, design, music, etc. We can be around each other almost 24/7 and still have things to talk about. He's kind, and will do anything to make me happy. And we've learned how to fight together in a non-destructive matter. And there are a million other reasons why but I figure I've given you enough!
You can always be yourself....goof off, be you. Never worry about being made fun of or teased...not in a harsh way anyhow. Someone you know that you CAN'T see your life without.





when you meet that person...you JUST know. Without a doubt in your mind. The slightest thought of them not ever being there again, breaks your heart and can bring you to tears.








there's so many ways that you know you can't list them all....but when that person walks into your life....you could name them all like you've known all along what you were looking for..
We have been together for over 4 years. Every time the phone rings or he walks through the door, I still get butterflies in my stomach and my heart pounds.





If you cannot imagine your life without him/her, you get butterflies every time he/she calls or walk through the door, you miss them when they are gone, plus so much more.





As the saying goes ';They complete you!';. You are not whole without him/her.
you really do just know. I know its not exactly what you want to hear because you want a simple cut and dry answer but there just isn't one. typically they are easy to talk to, love you for you, etc. seriously you just know when its right there is no magical answer to let you know.
You wouldn't have to ask yourself that. You would just know. It feel likes heaven when you guys are together and hell when you are apart. You would share some of the same dreams, and goals. This person would bring out the best you.
I don't think you can every really truly ';Know';. To me, wanting to always be with him and do everything together and just having a good time together no matter what it is yall are doing.
He my best friend my lover. I can talk to him about anything and he can talk to me about anything. Its just a feeling of knowing I wouldn't want to be with anyone else. The push and the shove.
Because even when I've had the worst day, he's there. Even when I look like hell he thinks I'm beautiful. And when I'm pissy and mean he still kisses me a again and again. I know because my heart beats for him.
Here is how I knew...if we had an argument and I got really mad at him I never worried that he would up and leave me...I knew that he would still be here the next morning and that he would love me just as much...
You feel it, thats all you just feel it.
If you have to ask, it's not right.
you just know its hard to explain but yah you just know

No comments:

Post a Comment