Thursday, January 21, 2010

What do you think of Public Displays of Affection?Do you think its rude that couples 'suck face' in front of..

other people and kids.What do you think of Public Displays of Affection?Do you think its rude that couples 'suck face' in front of..
I don't like to see people eating each other's face off, groping or grinding in public. I've seen PDA's that are bordering on indecent behaviour. Saying that I don't mind seeing people holding hands, or giving each other affectionate kisses or hugs. It's lovely to see people in love and into each other, just keep the heavy petting private.What do you think of Public Displays of Affection?Do you think its rude that couples 'suck face' in front of..
me and my gf walk around all day holding hands but then again like when we say goodbye we kiss not pash like a long peck not in private but i think that is ok but makeing out in front of ppls faces is kinda rude but if ur with like a group of friend liek on the beahc or in a park i sposse it ok

Report Abuse



a kiss is nice and so is a hug, an all out full on eat each other kiss is just rude and shows lack of respect for people around you
GET A ROOM!!!! I personally hate it when I see couples doing more than just a quick kiss, or a hug in public. There are somethings that shoud be kept between two people and those should be left behind closed doors.
Yes as a matter of fact I do, but its nice to see a young couple snatch a quick kiss or embrace.
its nice to like someone but i hate PDA's. mabye just cos im a private person but still. eww
I was brought up in UK in 1950s and PDAs were definitely very frowned upon - tasteless, thoughtless, embarrassing. In fact, they were quite rare - but NOW! Couples are almost shagging on street corners. I hate it. And I went through the 60s and 70s, but now have had a reversal - will couples please keep themselves to themselves, and will novelists please STOP at the bedroom door? I still think sex and affection and propinquity are PRIVATE. I don't want to see it in the street or at work or anywhere.
I think public displays of affection as you have described in your question are extremely rude particularly in when children are present. I find it very disgusting and inappropriate behavior.





Having someone's arm around you, holding hands and a chaste kiss are the kinds of public displays of affection that I find endearing.
im in the middle with my feelings about it. i dont mind walking with my arm around my boyfriends waist and his around my shoulder or holding hands or even kissing in front of people but i do feel uncomfortable making out in front of other people when we are in public or at someone elses house. my little sister used to make out with her bf in front of my whole family and it was disrespectful..theres a time and place for that stuff...thanksgiving dinner sitting next to grandma is NOT one of them. its one thing to be comfortable in ur relationship but its another to be dry humping in the mall. my friends mom has a pretty good approach to it. she told my friend ';im not gunna tell u what u can and cant do with ur bf but think of it this way..dont do anything u wouldnt be comfortable seeing me and ur father do'; and trust me..my friend went from flossing her guys teeth with her tongue to holding hands....pretty good parenting skill haha
No. I don't make out with my boyfriend in public but, I'll hold his hand, give him a kiss (Just a peck), and things like that. But, not ';making out';.
HATE THEM! it's that noise - ugh - makes me shudder. I don't mind a kiss but when it goes on and on - so unnecessary!
Some people cant help it
yes i do because i'm not getting any...
I think the most affection you should show in public would be hand-holding and a quick peck on the lips.





Now, if you're in a club or a restaurant where there are only adults, that's a little different. You still don't want to see much though!
It really would not bother me too much.
i think that sort of thing is disgusting i wouldnt do it
Ahhhh i think it is sweet ..... I think full on intense kissing may be a bit rude ......





But little kisses are nice as it shows there is good in this world .....





I still kiss my hubby when we are out ..
It does bother me. If it's just a simple kiss, that's one thing, but when they just won't stop, and it turns into foreplay, I wanna gag!
of corse
Subtle displays of affection are fine....like holding hands, putting your arm around someone and short kisses, but making out in public is over the top. Why don't they just take their clothes off and do it for us right there on the sidewalk...


ouch....skinned butt cheeks...that's gotta hurt...
I think it is a sign of affection, if you are not use to this kind of gesture in public, you will find it revolting indeed. But if you happen to live in, say France, this is as normal as sipping your morning coffee. Kids and other people like.....or LOVE seeing two people kissing especially in a romantic movies whatmore if they see it in person, we are all hopelessly romantic one way or another. Kids wouldn't mind seeing them in public places unless they keep it in minimum not such bulgar display of affection werein they have to take off their cloths or something, just kissing is enough to let us take us back to memory lane.





For me I donot mind seeing two people kissing in the park or even in a drugstore, as long as they keep it in a minimum and short. Yet I donot live in EU countries but in Asia, because Asian people are also romantic by nature. Not only the French. Where they coin the word ';french kiss';.
Acceptable PDA: Holding hands, occasional kisses that do not involve tongue, signs of affection (hand around waist, fixing hair, etc).





Making out in public or feeling someone up is rude regardless of if there are children around (in fact I don't think the children being around makes much of a difference at all, its just inappropriate).
Years ago people showed some dignity in these kinds of situations like holding hands and walking side-by-side, maybe even a peck on the cheeks or on the lips- I thought that was adorable BUT today they're ripping their clothes off each other and ready to do it right there on the side-walk.
No,


Other people should get lives, and kids see bad things on tv. In america it is ok to see extreme violence, but Sex/Nudity is taboo. I think this is why there are so many freaks, Serial murderers, and Sexual deviants in america.
PDA's are gross and inappropriate! Tell them to get a room!
If you don't have the guts to say something, try to leave the area. We can't be managing other people's lives or it would take all our time, and we'd just get boxed around if we do it to the wrong person.





Everyone wants, and has the right to do anything they want now, so live with it, and your kid is going to have to live with it as well. Imagine the music a 6 year old is already listening to and the language? It's our world.
There are some displays of affection that are ok in public. Such as hand holding, a quick light kiss, arms around one another, or a hug. Anything more than that I think should be kept in private.
I think its fine to peck on the lips and hold hands etc. But when it comes to eating each others faces then I start to gag!!


Especially in queues and theres a couple in front (or behind) who are just 'dry-humping' right next to you, then I think that is reallly rude!!!





GET A ROOM!
I think it is disgusting, rude and selfish. These people have no consideration for those around them. Typically, they are so ';in love'; they don't even notice how uncomfortable everyone else is, or if their are children present. Generally if you just nudge one of them and say, ';Hey, little eyes are on you.'; , that's enough to make them settle down...but some people are just clods.
i hate it. if they want to do that kind of stuff, they can go in a room and do it there. some people [like me] don't wanna see that kind of stuff.
I was in line at a store, and the couple in front of me were doing a PDA, he was grinding his front against her backside, while holding her around the waist, and sucking on her bare shoulder. I was sort of embarrassed and just pretended nothing was happening 5 feet away from me.





I was told by others, I should have been happy and touched to see a couple so in love. Oh well.
It's nothing wrong with it, as long as it's done properly and not crossing the line. That's what I think, anyway! That couple is definitely crossed the line and it is disgusting. If they were kissing a bit, without tongue, holding hands and things like that it would be fine, but that is really out of order.

No comments:

Post a Comment