Thursday, January 21, 2010

As a single perosn who has friends who are all in couples, should I be annoyed my friends don't have time for

me anymore. I kno the simple answer tis to find new friends, but I've known these people for ifive years and I have a few freindships, but they are deep (so finding new friends is a long and hard process)...is this just part of life and should I just embrace my growing itme alone?As a single perosn who has friends who are all in couples, should I be annoyed my friends don't have time for
Try not to take it too personally even though I know it hurts. Its inevitable. When you get married you will unconciously do the same. Try to keep in touch as best you can but if they are not willing to reciprocate then find new buds to hang with. Good luck to you.As a single perosn who has friends who are all in couples, should I be annoyed my friends don't have time for
Hi there! Don't worry about that, in few months things can be sooo different, you could have other half and someone else could be single, that's life.
You know the answer, get single friends. You can keep these friends but you are all in different places in your lives right now. Just life.....
It happens to everyone.... your single friends marry, and their new friends are as well partnered. It is one of the reasons people marry ---- to have friends, and be in a ';community';.





As well, when these people divorce, they loose their friends who are coupled... it's just life.
Yes, you have to just deal with it.





When you were in high school you learned that friends will always be with you and the lame boyfriend or girlfriend won't be. You were taught to pick your friends over some love interest.





As you get older you realize that that no longer applies. Couples do coupley things and they just won't have as much time for you as they used to. They have twice the amount of family members to hang out with now that they are two people.





It's tough, but it is a part of life.





You can be annoyed but things can't change.





My husband's best friend pretty much hates me because hubby doesn't get to spend that much time with him. He can't always just stop what he is doing to go hang out with him. Besides, we have a 4 year old that demands our time now.
It's a part of life. You can't expect them to be there for you 24/7 like they used too. They want to get married and start families. Why are you the only one that is single? Find someone to date then you can all go on group dates.
You need to move on as they have in their own lives. IT is completely natural for your friends to drift away when they become entangled in a relationship or marriage. So realize it is not your fault they have drifted from you they just have different interest's then you since they are no longer single.





Yes it is hard I have ended friendships of over 9yrs when I married because they no longer shared the same aspects of life as I did. We are meant to hang out with others that may have the same goals in life at that time you are single find other single people to hang with. Once you find that special someone you will notice for yourself you will also drift apart from those single friends and find other couples to hang with.
it is hard i remember, and yes it is ok to be annoyed. if your friends don't have time for you. special now when you need there support and they should understand that. sorry and good luck.
Unfortunately this is part of life especially if these couples are new couples to each other. The same goes when couples who hang out together have kids. I do not have the same friends when I was childless. I now have friends that have kids. I
If you can't beat 'um, join 'um. Try finding someone so you wouldn't feel so left out.
It is a part of life, sorry. I find my single friends actually make the time to come visit me when they know I am busy with the kids, just so they can still be a part of my life. I am not telling you to interfere with their marriages or whatever, but honestly, you can still be friends...just understand they don't have as much freetime and it is okay if you visit them or maybe even help them run errands or something. I know it's not the same kind of time, but it will give you a chance to renew your friendships. My best friend is single and she understands that I don't have a lot of time, so she asks me what days I have to pay bills, then goes with me to help with the kids and to just chatter.


Your friends being married does change things drastically, but that doesn't mean you have to completely rid yourself of those friends.
I won't tell you to get new friends.





First of all, relationships are part of life. If your friends have significant others, you should be happy for them. Everyone only has 24 hours in a day. Obviously if they've taken up a new activity (dating), they'll have less time for you.





You didn't say how old you were. If you're in high school: some teenagers are stupid. They'll break up anyway, then they won't have any friends left and they'll feel bad then. If you're in college or older: get over it! If one of your friends was to get married, they'd be choosing their spouse over you for the rest of your life. That's how it's supposed to be.





Also, I've been on both ends of that situation. It sucks when your friends blow you off. But it also sucks when your best friend can't be happy for you and lays a guilt trip on you when you don't have time with her. Just be happy for your friends! Your time will come. You sound a little jealous... maybe not, but if it's coming across to a complete stranger that way, then your friends have probably already been thinking it.
I've been in a situation like this before.


The only thing I could tell you is to either tell them to spend more time with you or you should try to find someone so you dont feel so left out.
I'm sorry.. but it's just part of life...... when you find that special half.. you'll understand.... =)








but dun stop making the effort in asking them out. My bf's friends still plan all guys night out..... we all need time to ourselves... but someone has to plan and make the effort for it to happen...

No comments:

Post a Comment