Thursday, January 21, 2010

To all happy couples: Would you still love your partner if they would be the opposite gender?

This question is mostly aimed at people in happy, longterm relationships - would you still love (i.e. continue the relationship with all aspects) you partner if they would be the opposite gender, but the same person/personality?To all happy couples: Would you still love your partner if they would be the opposite gender?
yes I would. I consider my partner my soul mate!To all happy couples: Would you still love your partner if they would be the opposite gender?
No. I would love him but not in the way I love him now, I'm not lesbian. I would love him as a friend. Like someone you could talk to about my family and stuff.
I would still be friends with her, and Love her, but I could not be in a sexual relationship with her anymore if she was a man. Because I'm not a homosexual. Love and sexuality are connected, but not one in the same. You can have sex with someone you don't love, and you can love someone who you wouldn't want to have sex with.
I love my partner for the wonderful person he is. I love opposite sex cousins and a few lesbians I've met with the same regard. I'm attracted to my partner not only because of the wonderful person he is but because he is my gender and the wonderful person he is. I hope this helps.
If a person is the opposite gender then they are not the same person.
yes
of course love is love no matter what. love doesnt see a gender or race. Love discriminates against no one.
Very tough question, and very thought provoking! Not a whole lot of good questions here lately, thanks!





I love my partner very much, but I agree with the other posts which said that he wouldn't BE the same personality as a woman! I fell in love with the man, and part of what I love about him is that he is a man. So I guess I would have to answer no, I wouldn't be partners with him/her; but yes I could still enjoy the rest of his/her personality!
They wouldn't be the same person/personality. Gender roles and gender identity make up a HUGE component of personality, and if they grew up in our culture, they would not be able to contain the same personality characteristics.





Ask someone who's tried to pass as the other gender. It's exceedingly hard, even for transsexuals.





Sorry, but since your answer asks for the impossible, my answer would be ';No.';
Yup, I'm bi...so it wouldn't matter.
yes...I love my partner for who he is --not what he is.
I can't imagine Jonathan as a female.





Yes, I would still care about him.





No, I would not be with him any longer.





I don't know if I would love him, I certainly would not love him the same.





Gender does really matter, particularly to the two extremes -- complete gays and complete straights -- it matters a lot.





A thought experiment?





ok





Reyn


believeinyou24@yahoo.com
Absolutely. I fell for my fiance as a woman, and he has been living as a man for over a year now. He is my everything, and nothing as silly as gender could ever change the love we share.
I'm single, but I think it might be possible since I look for the same things in any sex or gender. Nice avatar btw! I love that video!
If this were to be so, then I would hope for the happiness that Gwen and I shared for 42 years. It will not be so, so my mind is at rest.


Rose P.
Are you mixing up the word ';gender'; (which sex someone identifies with) versus ';sex'; (their biological bits)?





Unfortunately I don't think my husband and I would have hooked up if he was a chick. I wouldn't be sexually attracted to him (or I guess, her).

No comments:

Post a Comment