Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Wouldn't it be better in this economy if couples eloped instead of having weddings?

Yes %26amp; no because spending a lot of money can actually help the economy, but it's not good for the people paying for the weddings to go broke or charge their credit cards to the limit just for a wedding. Myself, I got married by a Baptist priest (though I'm Catholic), but it was like a civil marriage %26amp; we had no reception or honeymoon. My sister had a nice wedding in a Catholic church with bridesmaids, a nice reception %26amp; a honeymoon in Hawaii, like about 5 years ago, I wish I could've gotten married in a Catholic Church with a nice reception like hers and had a honeymoon (though I ALREADY had a daughter by the time I married with my ex). I would LOVE to get re-married at DisneyWorld maybe. But then, I don't think I would have many people to invite. I guess it's better than trying to plan a guest list for a reception, which includes people you don't even like, that my sister had to invite (my ex-landlords, my landlords at the time) for fear they'd kick me out of the house I was living in at the time. Oh well!Wouldn't it be better in this economy if couples eloped instead of having weddings?
for the ONE couple, yes.





for the cake designer, wedding planner, DJ, guy that does food (can't think of name), wedding bands, church, and preist... what do you think?





there's not enough jobs as is, let's not make it more.Wouldn't it be better in this economy if couples eloped instead of having weddings?
weddings have become a big circus a big show, ridiculous
no. people need to spend some money so that all these stores dont go out of business. therefore people wont loose their jobs and it becomes a vicious cycle.
yes


or if they had very cheap weddings
Yup. that's what I'm gonna do :P

No comments:

Post a Comment