Thursday, May 13, 2010

Isn't it amazing that after years of marriage, that we (couples) are still so lonely?

How sad is that?Isn't it amazing that after years of marriage, that we (couples) are still so lonely?
You're telling me, sister. Sometimes I feel as alone as I was as a teenager. Part of it is if your spouse becomes a parent or a kid (they always seem to become one or the other), where does one find some spiritual companionship?Isn't it amazing that after years of marriage, that we (couples) are still so lonely?
Because we are more pack animals and tribal. Our current culture does not foster any of that, we are rendered to, wage slaves, to the clock,economy, our multi tasking demanding lives of juggling too much human doing and not enough being. My parents both worked and were sublimating their empty tired lives with TV while I was growing up. Now it is great that we do have this blogging as a step further in a kind of communicative interactive community rather than staring blankly at a TV screen. So we are moving closer to our tribal community roots. As for couples we are as lonely as we chose to be if we have had a spiritual divorce and everybody is home but nobody is talking or wanting to be there it would be hella lonely.
A couple is still two people. They have desires and thoughts that they can't express to each other. You can't be everything to each other and sometimes you grow apart after a long time together, just going about your daily lives as if the other person doesn't exist. Maintaining that close connection with a partner takes work.
Its very sad! I just got married this June and I am very alone. He works third shift and our times are so diff. We have been together for 9 years but its the thought of we just got married what is wrong with that. I am so depressed about it but don't know what to do we have three kids and I do love him he just does not hear me out and we never get to the point of the disagreement!
JJ, have you ever evaluated your life to evaluate why you are lonely? Maybe you need to make new friends and move in different circles than you are in now.





Regards,


Dan
sorry but I think the problem is that you're not fulfilling your own happiness. Partners should be gravy in my opinion. Be who you want to be and share that with someone. Don't expect anyone to fill in your gaps.
Yeah. I've never felt this alone in my life! My husband and I recently started attending marriage counseling. The sex has improved, but I don't know if we will make. There's so much more than sex and he doesn't understand that.
I know what you mean. I think that is why there is so much interest in casual sex too now... Open interest I mean.. from both men and women... it is a way to deal with the loneliness.
Sad indeed.











This leads to many bad things, many.
i know the feeling it is sad

No comments:

Post a Comment