Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Do interracial couples feel uncomfortable going out?

like with people staring, and having this mean look?Do interracial couples feel uncomfortable going out?
I have seen the staring and the mean looks, but what concerns me more is how my partner is reacting. I have dated two men who I noticed did not stand by me when this occurred. One clearly backed off from me, making it appear that we may not actually be together. The other allowed hateful women of his race to get between him and me on the dance floor (and he was my husband at the time!) and I had to fend for myself, which I did. Neither man is in my life anymore, by the way.





You owe it to yourselves -- and to each other -- to be strong and united in the face of prejudice and hate. If one of you falters, then a discussion needs to occur.Do interracial couples feel uncomfortable going out?
They shouldn't have to but unfortunately it's a constant on this planet.
most of them no there comfortable with them selfs
I don't.. but I have this habit of ignoring people when we're out and about, so I wouldn't know how they take it.


As for my sister and her boyfriend, some guys have been verbally insulting with them and they tend to get lots of stares. For the most part, they try to ignore it; you can't make other people's attitudes prevent you from being with whom you want to be with.
Sort of, but thats because they're jelous.
No we don't.
i don't my boyfriend is African and I'm Mexican i don't care what people think .
Why the **** would i care what those idiots think, i have beautiful kids and a gorgeous husband people like that are ingorant and stupid
They can get a lot of looks and stuff like that but not a remark generally. People feel that the so called look carries the message. But then it depends on when you live. Like me, I live next to a big Army Fort that has Army, Navy, Marines, and Air Force all on it. So there are just people walking around together and some a interracial and it is no big deal.
yea i'm in there and i cannot stand when ppl stare at us in a mean way.


i live in minnesota where most ppl are caucasian.


some of them just don't like it when white guys/women date asians or blacks.
I'm not sure, but I can honestly say that when I see interracial couples I get this look, a look of 'oooh' look at that! it kind of feels like a forbidden stare, I shouldn't have that feeling, but I do. I have nothing against it, it's just an exotic thing. that's all:)
  • consumables
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment