Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Do you think the South is accepting of interracial couples?

I'm a black female dating an amazing Italian man. I'll be with him regardless, just wondering what you'll answer.Do you think the South is accepting of interracial couples?
I think it sort of depends where you go. I have family in Louisiana (and visit there twice/3 times a year....since the day i was born)...the people there might not SAY anything, but they'll definately think things and stare...ALOT. I know how you feel...well, I'm not black and neither is my boyfriend, but my boyfriend is Muslim and looks Middle Eastern, though he's lived in the UK his whole life. We get stares and lots of comments because I'm complete opposite of what he looks like. Good luck...it can be tough sometimes.Do you think the South is accepting of interracial couples?
yes, depending where.


actually no, i've been there, and i hate it. California is better.


cept for Gibson Guitars and nashville, the south is pretty... dumpy.
Not many people care in Texas...but then again I don't know every single person in the state.
There is nothing to be afraid of. As long as both of you love each other, anything else is history. I am a hispanic male who is dating an asian girl. I think its really interesting to know other cultures outside of yours. You get to appreciate your partner more and you become more eager to learn more about him/her.
Unfourtunately, I just had a wake up call that people in the south are still hard headed about mixed relationships. My 15 year old girl has a black boy friend, and when I told my family about it, they absolutely flipped. I think that just as long as the ';mixed'; couples have been brought up with close to the same morals, and beliefs then it should not be a worry. If your happy w/ this guy then dont worry about what others think.
who gives a hoot ~ date who you want ~ you make it sound like this is the first you've had of the caucasian persuasion......
In 2002 i went to visit some family in Wiggins Miss. and i thought the worst of everything. I'm from Ohio, and i have heard nothing but bad stories or racism from my grandmother, about the south. So naturally i was judgmental and afraid to go to the rural south. However, during my stay in Mississippi, i realized that there is no place like the south. The people have a hospitable attitude like i have never seen before. So nice, they were. I seen an interracial couple at the walmart down there too, and they were shopping like everybody else, with no hard stares. I asked a white guy to help me find the yogurt, and he personally took me over to the aisle, and said is there anything else ma'am. Its really more racism up north than it is in the south, oddly enough. So don't worry about it, because most southern folks know that a lot of americans think negetively of the south, it'll be ok. :)
Not the south I know.
Hey, its a relationship regardless of the skin color, I wish the best for you 2, okay, now for the question, it all depends which part of the south, where you got the man chewing tabacco spitting it out, caring a shot gun in his hand, im sure those folk dont except it, lol, but i think interracial relationships are fine. we are all human.
No. Reason is the KKK is there and they're some crazy mofos. Best of luck if you guys are going to live in the south. If humanity's survival was in my hand and I was given a mission to bang every chick of every ethnicity, I would do it! For the survival of humanity! Actually I just wanna get laid.
Why would it matter? I live in the South. You'll find hate mongers everywhere. The Klan had higher rates of membership in places like Indiana than they did in most Southern States. It has quieted down quite a bit.





My advice to you. If you love him, he loves you. What other person's opinion has any importance on the relationship?
i am from the south and have no problem with it,if any to people love each other there should be no boundaries/good luck make it one hell of a adventure that last a life time

No comments:

Post a Comment