Thursday, May 13, 2010

Why do some gay couples call each other ';partners'; and not boyfriend/girlfriend?

Because sometimes my partner isn't my boyfriend or girlfriend.Why do some gay couples call each other ';partners'; and not boyfriend/girlfriend?
I call my partner ';partner'; to refer to a long term based relationship. I hesitate to use the term ';girlfriend'; because of the bad stigma it carries. Partner, to me, sounds much more emotionally connected.Why do some gay couples call each other ';partners'; and not boyfriend/girlfriend?
I don't know.


It sounds gay. I REALLY hate it when people do that, it adds fuel to the fire of homophobes.


We need them to realize they're just like us.





I use, girlfriend, spouse, wife, friend.


:D So yeah
I regard partner as the word to describe the other person in a long term relationship. boyfriend sounds like its either new or temporary
Some straight couples call each other ';partner'; too (mainly UK, sometimes Canada, never heard an American do this).
Should I ever find myself in a LTR, I would not use partner or boyfriend, I would use a term I got from a good book I read...Lifemate.
Sounds more passionate.
I would say partner if I don't want to out myself in front of certain people.
wait wat
well no one is the same we are all different :)

No comments:

Post a Comment