Thursday, May 13, 2010

What are a couple of ways to give my home some curb appeal and raise the value?

I was thinking tile on either side of the garage as well as matching that tile to a tile walkway and patio that match? Thanks for your help and pictures if possible.What are a couple of ways to give my home some curb appeal and raise the value?
Landscape the yard, and make sure all the paint looks nice....What are a couple of ways to give my home some curb appeal and raise the value?
Fresh paint, flowers, new house numbers and light fixtures. fresh cut grass
Plantings of evergreens and flowering shrubs that would match up with your tiling. I had the same problem. I wanted curb appeal. I repainted the front door and repainted the hardware that was on it. I had just remodeled the kitchen so I didn't have any money left. I'd like a new sidewalk. I 'll wait until next year. Good luck. My front door is a red with black hardware. Looks nice.
a fresh coat of paint helps and paint the front door a bright color like red works.
Landscaping, including to get the grass as green as possible. paint any railings apply tile or brass adress #'s
Live flowers - good landscaping - neatness. The tile idea is great, but expensive. Put out an American flag. Window boxes. I don't know where you live, so maybe you can't do live flowers, but with the holidays wreaths, dried corn, etc. on the front door. Mainly neat and clean.


Brass door knocker w/ brass mailbox. Brass front door light or lights. New door mat. Tiled house number (or good old brass again). Good outdoor lighting-like those automatic ones that come on at sunset. Motion detector lights.


Good Luck!!
The only thing that increases the value of your home quite honestly is upgrading the kitchen and the bathrooms....everything else does not matter....it's great to have an EP Henry patio perhaps but really people just want a really lovely kitchen and bathroom.....anything else does not really increase the value unless you've already done this.....I'm a realtor....I know!
Pay me to stand in front of it! =)
Well i looked at some excellent ideas for you, at homedepot:


http://www3.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/sto鈥?/a>





http://www3.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/sto鈥?/a>





http://www3.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/sto鈥?/a>





you dont have to go too elaborate. but it's pretty interesting.
The least expensive way to give curb appeal is a freshly painted door with several nice plants on each side. Adding value to a home would be extra parking or adding extra sq ft to your home. A remodeled kitchen or bath might also increase market value. People spend a lot of money maintaining their homes but it does not add value, only appeal.
update kitchen appliances and countertops


update bathrooms


fresh paint


nice landscaping
  • consumables
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment