Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Can a couple with a gross income of 130000 usd/year b4 tax live comfortably? How much?

can we afford a good house, health insurance, retirement plan and travelling a lot?Can a couple with a gross income of 130000 usd/year b4 tax live comfortably? How much?
I make 26,000 a year. On that I'm able to have a decient apartment and support my girlfriend. We get by. There's no traveling, theres no health insurance, and no retirement savings. I would be pretty damn comfortable on 130,000 a year. You can live comfortably on that in about 90-95% of the country.Can a couple with a gross income of 130000 usd/year b4 tax live comfortably? How much?
In Manhattan, KS, you'd live like royalty. Big house and all of the toys, no sweat.





In Manhattan, NY you'd get by OK, but not opulently by any stretch. Smallish apartment in a good area but forget much travel.
Depends where you wanna live
your dumb. My husband makes 11 thousand a year and I stay at home with our infant. we do fine. if you can't get by on 130 grand then you need to reevaluate your life.
It is impossible to answer your question based on the minimal information you provided. It depends if you live in Manhattan, NY or Manhattan KS.
Let's see, I don't know. How about if you send it to me each year, and I'll give it a try, and make a report for you? ;)





(seriously, that is a lot of money relatively speaking - certainly somewhere you can enjoy yourselves in a nice home/condo... travel... dine out not infrequently, and also set up a retirement account, before you have kids and you completely change your schedules and spending around their needs)
Depends on where you live. My wife and I make less than that per year, and live comfortably, but I have no idea where you live, or what your idea of ';live comfortably'; is compared with mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment