Thursday, May 13, 2010

To all the married couples: what were the deciding factors on how many children to have?

A combination of finances (better to have one child who we can provide for properly than two that would have to go without), age gap (between work commitments etc how close together could we have them, would they get on that age apart) and experience with our first child. I strugeld quite badly with PND and don't think I could go through it all again. Those were the deciding factors. Before I had my daughter I wanted two, now I think we'll stick at one.To all the married couples: what were the deciding factors on how many children to have?
The first one came along.....then the second one came along and when you have two ...they fight and argue all the time and that was the deciding factor to stop right there. LOLTo all the married couples: what were the deciding factors on how many children to have?
I have always wanted 4 children. My husband informed me early on in our relationship that he wanted to have 1 - 2. We discussed children when we were engaged, and decided that 2 is a good number. 4 is tough on emotions, time, and finances. Yet, I would love to have more than 2!
the cost of a Harley
As many as you want or as many you can care for comfortably I don't think there should be a limit if you are able to take care of them.
how many Black Russian Cocktails I had drunk!!!





On a serious note, after having one looking at the fact if I could afford another one and give the same amount of time and attention to anymore.





After three children of my own, and two step children my partner and I agreed that he should go for the snip. (I had offered to get sterilised but he decided that this was probably going to be more detrimental to my health, hormones, etc than the snip would be on him). I know he would have wanted more and there are times when I think yeah I would have had more babies but hello, reality check, we just couldn't afford them and would it be kind to bring in extra babbys with both parents stressed out with the ones we already have. Its hard work and doesn't get easier so the best idea was what we did. I do still get soooooooo broody though!!!!
Well that all depends on the couples. My daughter had a boy and then had a girl, and she stopped. So when the kids get older she will still be young enough to enjoy her life, and be a good grandmother.


But in the case for example if one has a girl then a boy is the same, but if you have two boys and want to try for a girl then fine. but if it is another boy then I would stop.


I think having a boy and a girl would be the best set.


And having no more than three kids, and please do it in a hurry close together, so that you can enjoy them while you are young, and still have them grown and time to enjoy them.
We have made a preliminary decision based on how many children we think we can afford and still have the quality of life that we want. We have decided that we would like 3-4 children (but we would also be happy with 1 or 2). I guess we will wait to see how it is with the 1st and 2nd child (ttc #1) and then possibly revise our decision. I think its an ongoing thing more than a definite decision right now.
I came into the marrage with a child and we started trying right away. Now I have 2, the youngest is almost 4. Lately we have sat down to talk about more. We have looked at space in our home, money now VS money for school stuff (clothes, felidtrips ect), money for college. Then we asked ourselfs if we want to go though it all again. ALthough we love our kids, do we really want to stay up all night, do the diaper thing again, and we are almost at the point were we can have a life again. We decided that 2 was enough for us.


Hope that this helped you.

No comments:

Post a Comment