Thursday, May 13, 2010

Christians--Birth Control/Vasectomy Between Married Couples? Okay or Sin?

Do you think birth control is a sin, or okay? Do you think the methods listed below would be okay between a married couple?





condoms, vasectomy, tubal ligation (tubes tied).





Thanks in advance for your reply!Christians--Birth Control/Vasectomy Between Married Couples? Okay or Sin?
I think that is between each person and the Lord to determine what is the best choice for them at the right time in their lives. At SOME point in time it seems wise and advantageous to take steps to prevent further pregnancies - either due to age, mental state, emotional stamina or others pertinent reasons that matter to that couple. To carelessly and haphazardly just let things HAPPEN when they will is rather careless in my opinion.





But everyone has to decide what is right for them. I think something like this being sinful would happen when someone makes a decision BASED on a solely SELFISH intent but either way, God judges our HEARTS and knows the reasoning behind what we do. THere is wisdom and there are selfish desires - so by which do we make these choices?





I had a T.L. after my 4th at age 36 - I knew I needed to be done with pregancy(s) and emotionally couldn't handle more children at that time. I knew the Lord knew this too and even though my husband really struggled with me making this decision at the time - in hindsight he is glad I decided to do this. BUT he wasn't happy with my choice at the time. BUT ultimately it was MY body, My choice and I was the one getting pregnant and carrying babies, not him and I felt good %26amp; right about my decision and still do some 16 years later.Christians--Birth Control/Vasectomy Between Married Couples? Okay or Sin?
according to YOUR religion, it is indeed a sin :





God’s Word says, “The wife hath not power of her own body, but the husband: and likewise also the husband hath not power of his own body, but the wife. Defraud ye not one the other, except it be with consent for a time... and come together again” (1 Cor.7:4,5). Do we say that it’s a “private matter,” and therefore the pastor should not teach this part of God’s Word, merely because it speaks of what is done in the privacy of the bedroom? Certainly not! All aspects of marriage need to be properly taught to the flock. The Lord’s people need to know how they are to behave, not only in public but even in their most private moments. For “the eyes of the Lord are in every place, beholding the evil and the good” (Prov.15:3). What occurs in the bedroom may be hidden from other men, but not from God; and the Christian couple are to glorify the Lord even there.





Maybe, instead of sinning, you should just forget about such an unrealistic religion.
I agree with what Andrew A said. Like my father and his wife, they dont use birth control and they have only had 3 children, 2 born the second died. Anyhow, they dont believe in birthcontrol and they only have 2 kids. Shes young too and they dont believe in that. and I really believe that God will do what has to be done. Let God do what God has to do. Even if you do a vacs you can still impregnate and birthcontrol in women has harmful side effects blood clots depression..etc. (read the insert) Personally for myself, I dont believe in bc or vacs. I am 28 and I got pregnant for the first time last year. God gives life when it is time and when it is the moment. Best of luck. :)
It is ok.


They are all ok.


When Adam and Eve were told to populate the earth they and their descendants did just that.


We no longer have to keep populating it if we choose not to,


Not only that, Jesus died on the cross for all of our sins. So the only sin there is now is the sin of unbelief.


If you do not believe that Jesus is the Son of God who wan born, suffered and died as a sacrifice for your sins and rose on the third day,


then you better worry because that is the only sin left in this world.
As long as you are doing one of the three you mention for non-selfish reasons and both husband and wife have prayed about it and have seriously considered the results.





James 4:17 So whoever knows the right thing to do and fails to do it, for him it is sin.
I think it's okay.





';Be fruitful and multiply';, was in the Hebrew section, anyway. There's enough Christians (and humans, overall) in the world to carry on the traditions, already.





If you take the Bible literally, any form of sex that isn't geared to reproduction is wrong. That pretty much kills the 'natural' methods of birth control. Sorry to those that think that's their 'out'.
I don't see a problem with it. I think it's a nit-picking discussion that has nothing to do with one's relationship with God and should be up to the couple to decide.
Yes and it is not a sin.


Birth control is between the husband and wife, man and woman in a relationship.
A sin , you are not trusting God to meet all your needs. Why use it ? Do you know more than God ? Proverbs 3:5 '; Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.';
Those of you who are about to say something about interfering with god's plan...





...consider whether you truly believe in god so feeble as to be thwarted by a few grams of latex.
Nothing wrong with birth control. And anyone who says that needs to mind their business and stay out of married people's affairs.
No, I do not believe that any of these are sins. Sin happens when someone gets pregnant and then uses abortion as birth control.
I am Roman Catholic so all a sin. I do it naturally.
Dude - have the op. It takes ten minutes, and you don't even have to remove your pants completely.
Are you Roman Catholic? If not, then you should be OK.
SIN!


I shall now commence SHUNNING you!

No comments:

Post a Comment